An Edwardian 18 karat gold and platinum ring with emerald and diamonds. The ring centers on a Colombian emerald with an approximate weight of 4.50 carats, which is framed with two rows of old mine-cut diamonds with an approximate total weight of .77 carat. The emerald is certified by the American Gemological Laboratory certificate # CS 69904 which states the emerald has "insignificant traditional treatment" and the country of origin is Colombia.
A French Belle Epoque pink sapphire and diamond ring set in platinum. The classic cluster ring centers on an oval Ceylon pink sapphire weighing 3.87 carats, surrounded by 11 old mine-cut diamonds with an approximate total weight of 1.32 carats. French control mark. American Gemological Laboratory certificate # CS 64359 stating that the center stone is natural corundum pink sapphire from Ceylon; low temperature heating. Provenance: Lucie Bigelow Rosen
An American Art Deco platinum ring with diamonds and sapphires. The ring has a center old European-cut diamond with an approximate weight of .50 carat flanked by 4 calibre cut sapphires, and a round-cut sapphire with an approximate weight of .57 carat flanked by 4 single cut diamonds. The ring is made as a double gypsy ring with the diamonds and sapphires in a ''ying-yang'' motif of positive-negative color.
An American Art Deco platinum ring with jadeite and diamonds by Jung & Klitz. The ring has a cabochon jadeite measuring 15.90 x 11.35 x 4.28 mm, and old European-cut and bullet cut diamonds with an approximate total weight of 1.00 carat. Mason-Kay natural color report. Made by Jung & Klitz, a New York Company active 1915-1922. "Diamond Jim" Brady was one of their clients.
A Mid-20th Century platinum ring with emerald and diamonds. The ring has a rectangular-cut emerald with an approximate weight of 1.15 carats, 34 round diamonds with an approximate total weight of 2.40 carats, G/H color, VS/SI clarity, and 4 triangular-cut diamonds with an approximate total weight of 1.60 carats.
An Estate platinum and 18 karat gold ring with emerald and diamonds. The ring has a rectangular emerald-cut emerald with an approximate weight of 8.99 carats, and 2 tapered baguette diamonds with an approximate total weight of .75 carat, G/H color, VS clarity. The ring is composed classically with the gold-set center emerald, which is flanked by the two baguette diamonds. With AGL report #CS 67287 stating "Minor Traditional Treatment", and of Colombian origin.
An American Early 20th Century platinum and 18 karat gold ring with diamonds and natural pearl by Marcus & Co. The ring has 3 old mine-cut diamonds with an approximate weight of 1.25, 1.35 and 1.05 carats, L/M color, SI clarity respectively, and 10 old European-cut diamonds with an approximate total weight of .10 carat. The center of this ring is a natural pearl measuring 7.91 x 7.86 mm. Gemological Institute of America Certificate stating natural saltwater pearl #2155277139. The multi-generational New York firm of Marcus & Co was founded by an ambitious young German immigrant who had trained at a prominent Dresden court jeweler. In 1892, after working with Charles Lewis Tiffany, Hermann Marcus and his sons William and George together set up a business that soon became a glittering New York society institution renowned not only for its superb diamonds, colored stones and pearls, but also its instantly recognizable, original design style. The firm produced great jewels in the Art Nouveau and Arts & Crafts sensibility, with George, the artist/designer, drawing inspiration from sources as diverse and exotic as the contemporary French masters, the Moghuls and Maharajahs, the garland style of the Ancien Regime, and the genius of Renaissance goldsmiths. George''s distinctive, confident hand was always discernible in Marcus creations. Working as a team with George, his brother Wil
liam was a gem and pearl connoisseur who travelled the world hunting fine gem material, including purchasing the entire production of never-before-seen black opal in Lightning Ridge Australia in 1908. Marcus exhibited at the 1900 Exposition Universelle in Paris, and their work won prizes at the prestigious Society of Arts & Crafts of Boston. Plique-a-jour enamel was an art in which Marcus & Co. excelled, creating jewels with unprecedented three-dimensional depth in this medium. The firm and family were well-known for their charitable activities and promotion of young jewelers such as Raymond Yard.
An early Art Deco platinum ring with ruby and diamonds. The ring has a cushion-cut ruby with an approximate weight of 2.32 carats, and 47 old mine-cut diamonds with an approximate total weight of .70 carat. The center stone carries Gubelin Certificate No.14050082, 22 May 2014 which states that the ruby has characteristics consistent with those of Burma origin and that there is no indication of heating. The center ruby is surrounded by two concentric circles of the old mine-cut diamonds with an approximate total weight of .70 carat. .
Dimensions: Ring size 6-1/4; this ring can be sized
We are committed to making this website available to as many people as possible and is engaged in continued efforts to ensure that this website is accessible to those with special needs, including those with visual, hearing, cognitive and motor impairments. Our efforts in that regard are ongoing. Many internet users can find websites difficult to use. We recognize that this is an important issue, and we are working to ensure that this website is accessible to all persons who wish to use it. Our efforts to improve this website in this regard are in process, so if you come across a page or feature you find inaccessible or difficult to use, please send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.