An English antique 18 karat gold pendant locket with pearls and diamonds. The pendant locket has 1 old mine-cut diamond with an approximate total weight of .18 carat which is surrounded by a seed pearl-set garland. The locket is suspended from an antique 18 karat chain and has a split opening with two interior compartments.
An Antique 18 karat gold and enamel pendant cross with lapis lazuli. The pendant cross is designed in a Renaissance Revival style, intricately enameled and backed with lapis lazuli and inlaid gold. Hair locket. Inscribed "HAC" and "Obit July 6th, 1877".
An English Edwardian 15 karat gold pendant/brooch with diamond and seed pearls. The pendant/brooch has a bezel-set old mine-cut diamond with an approximate weight of 1.25 carats, and prong-set natural seed pearls. The heart-shape pendant/brooch has a fold-down bale and pendant watch fitting. "The heart-shaped jewel...emblem(s) of sacred and profane love..." Geoffrey C. Munn. Discussed in "The Triumph of Love Jewelry 1530-1930", by Geoffrey C. Munn, Thames and Hudson, London, 1993.
An Antique 18 karat gold bracelet with turquoise and diamonds. The bracelet has 24 Old Mine-cut diamonds with an approximate total weight of 1.50 carats, 50 rose-cut diamonds with an approximate total weight of .70 carat, and 15 turquoise cabochons. The ''offered'' linking bracelet is detachable and the center panel becomes a pendant. Pictured in Understanding Jewellery, by David Bennett & Daniela Mascetti, Antique Collectors'' Club, 1989, page 185, Plate 247.
An American Late-19th Century 14 karat gold pendant with moonstone and rubies. The pendant has a cabochon moonstone with an approximate total weight of 14.30 carats, and 12 cabochon rubies with an approximate total weight of 1.20 carats. With 14 karat gold 32" antique chain.
A Tiffany Studios New York "Harp" floor lamp with patinated bronze base and green blown-glass "Damascene" shade. This "Damascene" floor lamp is composed of a transparent green, "Dychroide" glass and iridized glass decoration. Of particular note is the complexity of the iridization on the lamp that uses two distinct metallic oxides applied in two different techniques. Initially, a shell of transparent green glass was blown onto a core of opaque white glass core, forming the lamp''s white interior and thin transparent green exterior. Subsequently, "Dychroide" glass was carefully trailed twenty-nine times around the form. This particular variety of "Dychroide" glass, an innovation by Arthur J. Nash, production manager at Tiffany Furnaces, has the unique quality of appearing green in reflected light and amber in transmitted light. This innovation gives a dynamic quality to Tiffany''s lamps that proved to be a true unification of form and function. When lit, the amber of the "Dychroide" glass causes the green to perceptually vibrate, further amplifying the effect of radiation in the lamp. The network of threads was subsequently marvered into the glass and evenly iridized with gold metallic oxides in the top half of the lamp and platinum metallic oxides in the bottom half of the lamp. Gold metal oxides that transition into strokes of platinum metallic oxides were then painted o
bliquely around the form. The piece was then blown and tooled into a dome shape. Evidence that the glass was first iridized then blown can be found in the subtle craquelure of the iridescence towards the base of the lamp. The double iridization creates a high luster and an added depth to the piece. A comb with twenty-nine teeth (equivalent to the number of "Dychroide" glass trails) was evenly raked through the semi-molten glass. The combing was purposefully offset from the trails so that they could still be seen in the final wave pattern. The green trails without "Dychroide" threads transmit the most light, creating a vivid amber starburst pattern when lit. The lamp shade is surmounted by a cast bronze aperture ring with three ball screws and a liliform heat cap, terminating in a ball-shaped finial. The ventilation holes in the heat cap are subtly concealed by the five petals of the flower. The heat cap holds a light bulb and pull chain that terminates in an acorn pendant. The heat cap is supported on both sides by a harp with two component parts, a double ogee shoulder, and a single ogee base. The two parts of the harp are held together with a pin that allow the user to change the position of the light if they so wish. This mechanism is fitted with rosette motif side knobs that beautifully complement the liliform socket holder. The base of the harp splays into petals, connecting to the globular molding of a five-foot stem which swells, tapers, reswells, straightens, then reswells at the base. The stem is supported by five dartform feet. The cast bronze stem, harp, and base all have acid etched finishes giving them a red-speckled green patina. A similar base and shade are pictured separately in: "Tiffany Lamps and Metalware: An illustrated reference to over 2000 models," by Alastair Duncan, Woodbridge: Suffolk: Antique Collectors'' Club, 1988. Shade: p. 211, plate 827; base: p. 210, plate 821.
We are committed to making this website available to as many people as possible and is engaged in continued efforts to ensure that this website is accessible to those with special needs, including those with visual, hearing, cognitive and motor impairments. Our efforts in that regard are ongoing. Many internet users can find websites difficult to use. We recognize that this is an important issue, and we are working to ensure that this website is accessible to all persons who wish to use it. Our efforts to improve this website in this regard are in process, so if you come across a page or feature you find inaccessible or difficult to use, please send your feedback to email@example.com.